Largest in Sweden within thermoset plastics
Today, Teknopress is the largest in Sweden in injection-molded, compression molded and RTM-manufactured thermoset parts in glass fiber reinforced polyester as well as vinyl ester SMC, BMC, GMT, Melamine, Phenol, Epoxy and carbon fiber SMC.
Thermosets are the best competitive option for many applications today due to the following properties:
- Very good fire and heat resistance
- Easy design flexibility; the components can thus be produced in irregular shapes, different parts and designs.
- Corrosion resistant
- A density of polymers that is much less than e.g. steel, aluminum etc. which means they have a low weight.
- An excellent durability regardless of the environment they are in.
- Better alternative than metal or thermoplastic for many applications.
Thermosets have few limitations in terms of shape, color and design, which means that we can produce products according to the customer’s needs and therefore have a wide range of recipes depending on the desired properties and design.